Washington Recycling Center
2200 Memorial Avenue, Washington IN 47501
Hours: Monday, 7:00am - 3:30pm; Tuesday-Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm; Saturday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
The center accepts:
- PETE or PET plastics - (#1) clear plastic beverage bottles
- HDPE plastics - (#2) milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles
- Plastic lids from beverage bottles, milk jugs, detergent bottles and food container lids (such as margarine, whipped topping, cottage cheese, etc.) Please remove lids from containers and place in designated bin!
- Aluminum beverage cans ONLY - RINSE OUT!
- Steel (tin) food/soup cans & lids, aluminum foil, pet food cans. RINSE CANS OUT!
- Newspaper and slick paper inserts (place in the semi trailer)
- Office paper - copy paper, envelopes, junk mail. Bag shredded paper separately. NO construction paper or shiny paper!
- Magazines, shiny paper & mailers, catalogs, phone books - place in correct containers.
- Hard-back and paperback books
- Cardboard - corrugated cardboard ONLY! NO greasy pizza boxes or food waste items!
- Household batteries
- Aerosol cans
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Used motor oil and antifreeze - separate! (Place in the small shed on the west side of the building)
We CAN NOT recycle Styrofoam, glass, plastics #3-7, plastic bags or any plastic packing materials.